The reducer is a mechanical necessity to change the speed and output torque, and the planetary reducer is an important part of the mechanical transmission system. Now, the numbers of planetary reducers can be seen in various fields of machinery and equipment, transportation, construction etc. So, what are the benefits of using a planetary reducer with the motor?
1. Using planetary reducer can effectively maintain the function of the motor. The reducer receives greater torque during operation. Once overloaded, as long as the overload is divided by the value of the reduction ratio, it will be transmitted to the motor.
2. Save the cost. If overload is directly borne by the motor, it may cause damage to the motor. When the overload is very large, the planetary reducer will be destroyed first, and the normal operation of the planetary reducer can be restarted by replacing spare parts. The cost is relatively low. If the direct damage occurs on motor directly, it takes longer to repair, and the cost is also high.
3. Effectively reduce the moment of inertia. The planetary reducer can control the start, stop, and speed shifting in time. For bigger reducer, the torque is equivalent to increasing the input power, which can reduce the power required by the input motor (where speed adjustment is required). Generally, the motor is more expensive than the planetary reducer, so people mostly consider to use planetary reducer.
4. It can effectively save energy, and meet the requirements of motor output torque and current.
5. The planetary reducer can effectively reduce the motor speed, increase the torque, and increase the corresponding multiplication and reduction ratio according to the motor output.
6. Effectively reduce the load inertia of the motor. The numerical inertia is the square value of the reduction ratio. Different motor inertia values are different.