Reducer is common power transmission mechanism, which is used in various mechanical transmission systems. The installation and usage of the reducer are directly affect its’ operation, and it must comply with technical specifications and standards. Please pay attention to the following for reasonable installation and usage of the reducer.
1. When installing the reducer, pay special attention to the centering of the transmission center axis, and the tolerance cannot exceed the compensation amount of the coupling used in the reducer. Thus, better transmission effect and a longer service life can be obtained.
2. When installing the transmission parts on the output shaft of the reducer, please operate carefully and gently. Do not use hammers and other tools for rough installation. Better to use the assembly fixture and the internal thread of the end shaft for installation. To push the transmission parts into reducer by the force of pressing the bolt. This can protect the internal parts of the reducer from damage.
3. There are many option of couplings, but better not to use rigid fixed couplings. It is more difficult to install this type of coupling. Improper installation will lead to load increase. It can cause damage to the bearing and even break the output shaft.
4. Fixing reducer is very important to ensure stability and firmness. Generally speaking, we should install the reducer on horizontal foundation or base, meanwhile the oil in the oil drain tank should be able to drain, and the cooling air circulation should be smooth. When the reducer is not fixed well and the foundation is unfirm, vibrations occur, that will cause unnecessary damage to the bearings and gears.
5. The transmission coupling of the reducer should be equipped with protective devices when necessary. For example, there is protrusions on the coupling; or the gears or sprocket transmission are used, etc. It should be stronger model spec if large radial load laid on the output bearing.
6. The installation position of the reducer should ensure that the operator can easily access the cursor, vent plug and oil drain plug. After the installation is completed, operator should comprehensively check the accuracy of the installation position in order to determine the reliability of each fastener.
7. Make preparations before running the reducer. Replace the vent plug, open the oil plug screw to check the oil height, and add lubricating oil beyond the oil level plug screw to the hole until it overflows, and then screw the oil level plug and confirm that it is correct, then the trial running just can be started.
8. The trial operation time cannot be less than two hours. The standard for normal operation should be smooth, no vibration, no noise, no leakage, and no impact. If abnormal conditions occur they should be eliminated in time.